This ad is expired.
Adjunct Faculty - Mathematics (College Level) Lakeland (2021060)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State College, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This part-time instructional position is an excellent opportunity to help shape tomorrow's leaders. This position offers day or night teaching assignments located at one of our Polk County campuses or centers. We offer a collaborative, creative, and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the campus Dean of Academic Affairs, the adjunct faculty member is an important part of our academic community. The primary role of this position is to provide college-level instruction and academic-related activities designed to encourage, support and enable student success. Working closely with the campus Associate Dean of Academics and the Department Coordinator/Program Director, adjuncts are issued a part-time, temporary term-to-term assignment.
Adjuncts are paid at a rate of $34.38/hr.
- Teach courses in accordance with college and departmental policies and procedures, as well as Basic Course Information sheets.
- Prepare and submit timely grade reports and other reports on student performance as may be scheduled or required.
- Organize class activities and assignments, relating them to the overall learning outcomes of the course.
- Provide input and work with other faculty and staff to review, produce and/or select course-related materials.
- Extensive knowledge of the subject area(s) in which the individual is responsible for instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of effective communication and of effective instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the characteristics and challenges of community college students.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles of curriculum development.
A minimum of a Master's degree in Mathematics or Statistics from a regionally accredited (or equivalent) institution of higher education.
A Master's degree from a regionally accredited (or equivalent) institution of higher education with 18 graduate credit hours in Mathematics or Statistics.
Teaching experience is preferred.
- Reference checks, Level II background checks (fingerprinting) and education verification by a third-party will be required prior to employment.
- A completed online application consists of:
- an electronic job application,
- cover letter,
- current vita/resume, and
- unofficial transcripts.
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS: When uploading unofficial transcripts, please redact any of the following items which appear on the transcript: Social security number, birth date, age, gender, and date of high school graduation.
- Foreign Transcripts: Faculty with international degrees must have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." Polk State College requires that all international credential evaluations be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). More information about NACES affiliates can be obtained at the NACES website.
- Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
- Note : Relocation assistance is NOT provided for this position.
The deadline to apply for this job opening is by 8:00 am on Tuesday, May 04, 2022. Applicants will be notified by Human Resources if additional documentation is required.
- Polk State College receives and reviews adjunct applications on an ongoing basis in order to pre-qualify applicants for future hiring needs on all campuses. Once a candidate's application is reviewed for qualification status and approved, the candidate will be placed in a Qualified pool and will be contacted in the future if a hiring need in that discipline arises. An offer will then be extended for a particular semester assignment and a campus location
We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns, please contact: Valparisa Baker, Chief Diversity Officer (Title IX Coordinator); 999 Avenue H, NE; Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: WAD 227; 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378; email@example.com.
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Company Location: Lakeland Campus
Salary Type: Hourly
Employment Term: T-Temporary
Assignment Type: PARTTIME
Pay Level: FACULTY
FLSA Status: Exempt
To apply, visit https://polkstate-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=1589&company_id=16397&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=992667&aid=1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency